The more furniture donations we get, the more homes we can furnish and lives we can empower!
We take great pride in the fact that we will come into your home and pick-up your donation of furniture, household items, appliances, clothing, linens and books for a nominal fee.. This helps cover a portion of gas and operational expenses. You also will receive a tax-deductible form listing all the donated items.
Every year we distribute thousands of furniture items to local households, and we reduce landfill space by millions of pounds. Recycle your gently used furniture and other items that you no longer need or use and help someone in need. If you do not have furniture to donate, please consider a financial donation to allow us to continue our mission of helping those in need in Northeast Ohio.
Give your stuff new purpose
Donors may drop off items at our donation center at 13360 Smith Road, Middleburg Heights, OH, schedule a pick-up on line using the on-line scheduling system, or call 216-459-2265, ext. 101 or ext. 114.
- There is a fee for one of our trucks to pick-up at your location. The service fee for items located on the first floor of a home, on the porch or in the garage or the first floor of an apartment building is $25. If the service team has to go up or down stairs in a home, the service fee is $50. Items in an apartment building above the first floor can only be removed if there is an elevator and the fee is $50.
- Our pick-up routes follow a set pattern. Please call to verify the day(s) in your area.
- Pick-ups are scheduled between 8:30 and 3:00, Monday through Friday. Due to routing instructions, road and weather conditions, or other factors, we cannot guarantee a specific pick-up time. Our driver teams will give you a 30 minute call ahead before they arrive. Please furnish the best telephone number for them to contact.
- The pick-up team will determine what we can and cannot accept. They will give you an explanation if we cannot accept any or all of your items. The decision of the pick-up team about the condition of the items is final.
Must have at least one of the following items to schedule a home pick-up
Acceptable donations to our agency:
- Living Room Furniture
- Dining Room Furniture
- Kitchen Furniture
- Bedroom Furniture
- Box Springs
- Patio Furniture
Items that can be included with your furniture donation
- Kitchen Essentials: Dinnerware, Cookware, Glasses, Pots/Pans, Utensils
- Small Essentials: Linens, Pillows, Lamps, Small Appliances
- Large Appliances: Refrigerators, Stoves, Dryers (Appliances must be working with all parts and must be clean.)
Items we cannot accept:
- Washers, Dishwashers
- Large and/or Metal Desks
- Infant/Child items
- Entertainment Centers
- Any Damaged Or Badly
Stained Or Ripped Items
FURNITURE CONDITION: Gently used, ready to use, no repairs needed. No rips, tears, stains, or tape patches. No pet hair, bed bugs, fleas, or health risks, etc. No dis-assembly provided.
Pick-up, credit, and receipt policies & tax information
- You do not have to be home for your pick-up appointment. Items may be left on the porch or in the garage. The items should be clearly marked for the Cleveland Furniture Bank to ensure the pick-up team takes all items you want to donate.
- If the pick-up team will have to go up or down stairs inside the house to remove donated items, you must notify us at the time the pick-up is scheduled. You will be asked to sign a Damage Waiver at the time of the pick-up.
- CLEVELAND FURNITURE BANK IS A 501 ( C ) 3 ORGANIZATION and you may claim a tax deduction for donated items. We cannot offer you tax advice but you should be aware of the following:
- RECEIPTS: You will receive a donation receipt listing all the items accepted by our organization if you drop off items or have us pick them up. You can use this receipt for your tax records.
- VALUATION GUIDE: Cleveland Furniture Bank does not provide you with the value of your donation. You must determine the value yourself particularly when you are taking a tax deduction. Many online tax services provide some guidelines for how much may be deducted per item.
- DEDUCTION LIMITS: If you are claiming a noncash deduction of more than $500, you must fill out a Form 8283. If you claim a deduction for a contribution of a noncash property worth more than $5000, you will need a qualified appraisal of the noncash property and must fill out Form 8283, Section B. Please see your tax adviser if you have any questions regarding charitable contributions.
- Cleveland Furniture Bank never sells any personally identifiable information and never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.