For Financial Donations:
Give Your Stuff New Purpose
Donors may drop off items at our donation center at 13360 Smith Road, Middleburg Heights, OH, schedule a pick up on line using the on-line scheduling system, or call 216-459-2265, ext. 101 or ext. 114.
- There is a fee for one of our trucks to pick up at your location. The standard fee is $20; however, if your donation is extremely large, the fee may be higher.
- Our pick up routes follow a set pattern. The pattern is:
- Monday – Northwest Cuyahoga County (West if I 77 and North of I 480) and Northern Lorain County
- Tuesday – Lake and Geauga Counties
- Wednesday – Southern Cuyahoga County (South of I 480 and East of State Road) and Northern Summit County
- Thursday – Southwestern Cuyahoga County (South of I 480 and West of State Road), Southern Lorain County and Northern Medina County
- Friday – Eastern Cuyahoga County (East of I 77 and North of I 480)
- Pickups are scheduled between 8:30 and 3:00, Monday through Friday. Due to routing instructions, road and weather conditions, or other factors, we cannot guarantee a specific pick up time. Our driver teams will give you a 30 minute call ahead before they arrive. Please furnish the best telephone number for them to contact.
- The pickup team will determine what we can and cannot accept. They will give you an explanation if we cannot accept any or all of your items. The decision of the pickup team about the condition of the items is final.
Items We Accept
Must have at least one of the following for home pickup:
- Living Room Furniture
- Dining Room Furniture
- Kitchen Furniture
- Bedroom Furniture
- FURNITURE CONDITION: Gently used, ready to use, no repairs needed. No rips, tears, stains, or tape patches. No pet hair, bed bugs, fleas, or health risks, etc. No dis-assembly provided.
When we pick up your furniture, we welcome additional donated items such as:
- Kitchen Essentials: Dinnerware, Cookware, Glasses, Pots/Pans, Utensils
- Small Essentials: Linens, Pillows, Lamps, Small Appliances
- Large Appliances: Refrigerators, Stoves, Dryers (Appliances must be working with all parts and must be clean.)
Items we cannot accept:
- Washers, Dishwashers
- Large and/or Metal Desks
- Infant/Child items
- Entertainment Centers
- Any damaged or badly stained or ripped items
Pick Up, Credit, and Receipt Policies & Tax Information
- You do not have to be home for your pick up appointment. Items may be left on the porch or in the garage. The items should be clearly marked for the Cleveland Furniture Bank to ensure the pickup team takes all items you want to donate.
- If the pickup team will have to go up or down stairs inside the house to remove donated items, you must notify us at the time the pickup is scheduled. You will be asked to sign a Damage Waiver at the time of the pickup.
- CLEVELAND FURNITURE BANK IS A 501 ( C ) 3 ORGANIZATION and you may claim a tax deduction for donated items. We cannot offer you tax advice but you should be aware of the following:
- RECEIPTS: You will receive a donation receipt listing all the items accepted by our organization if you drop off items or have us pick them up. You can use this receipt for your tax records.
- VALUATION GUIDE: Cleveland Furniture Bank does not provide you with the value of your donation. You must determine the value yourself particularly when you are taking a tax deduction. Many online tax services provide some guidelines for how much may be deducted per item.
- DEDUCTION LIMITS: If you are claiming a noncash deduction of more than $500, you must fill out a Form 8283. If you claim a deduction for a contribution of a noncash property worth more than $5000, you will need a qualified appraisal of the noncash property and must fill out Form 8283, Section B. Please see your tax adviser if you have any questions regarding charitable contributions.
- Cleveland Furniture Bank never sells any personally identifiable information and never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Have a car, truck, RV or boat taking up valuable garage or driveway space?
Give it to the Cleveland Furniture Bank!
When you donate your vehicle to the Bank:
- The organization takes care of hauling away the vehicle.
- It sends you a tax receipt by U.S. Mail.
- You rid yourself of something you no longer need and help those in need furnish their new permanent home.
Cleveland Furniture Bank makes the donation process fast and easy. Just contact the Bank at 216-459-2265, EXT. 103 and it handles the rest!
By donating a used vehicle, you help the Bank provide basic home furnishings to needy individuals and families, as well as new beds and mattresses for children sleeping in less than ideal conditions.
What happens to your used car, truck, RV, or boat?
- The vehicle is picked up by a towing company and delivered to an auto auction.
- Based on the vehicle’s condition, it is sold at fair market price.
- The auction issues a check from the sale to Cleveland Furniture Bank.
- The organization uses those funds to support its mission – helping those in need across Northeast Ohio.
What vehicles does the Bank accept?
Any, in working condition or not.
The tax benefits of vehicle donation
As with any non-profit donation, you may deduct the donated vehicle’s value if you itemize your taxes. Cleveland Furniture Bank provides you a receipt and donation deduction information. It recommends talking to your tax consultant.
Because Cleveland Furniture Bank generates funds from used vehicle donations, it’s happy to accept yours and reinvest the proceeds to help those in need turn houses into homes in Northeast Ohio.
What if you don’t have furniture, household goods or used vehicles to donate?
Cash donations are cheerfully accepted.
Cleveland Furniture Bank takes:
Checks – Please mail to 13360 Smith Road, Middleburg Heights, Ohio 44130
AmazonSmile Donations – When purchasing online with Amazon, sign up for AmazonSmile. At no cost to you, a portion of every purchase goes to Cleveland Furniture Bank.
PayPal – The easiest, most secure way to donate
Don’t forget – cash donations are tax deductible